Friday, November 18, 2011

A Rainbow in the Midst of a Storm

We’ve all heard the cliché ‘the calm before the storm’. Our family has been through the calm (as calm as our lives are right now), and we were now entering the storm. 


The storm we knew was brewing while we were determining God’s will for our future. And we knew Satan would unleash the storm once we went forward with the plans that would begin to fulfill God’s calling. Although I’m never sure why I’m surprised by others reactions, I’m typically surprised by how others allow Satan to use them and their reactions to cut. But that’s okay. We are prepared and ready for the storm. We may be shaken about and tossed to and fro, but at the end of the day, we will still be standing.

What I wasn’t prepared for was the rainbow in the midst of the storm.


We have had glimpses of the various colors shining through since our vocal, out loud willingness to go forward. Colors that shone through in surprise finances, surprise gifts, surprise connections.

But I wasn’t prepared for the FULL rainbow in my daddy’s words. Peaceful words that rolled off his tongue as though they had been put there only by our mutual Heavenly Father:

“I guess I need to get my passport ready.”

That’s all he said. He slipped it in when I least expected it. And for me, amidst all the naysayers and the “you can’t’s”, he shone a rainbow into my heart.

Thank you, Daddy. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment