Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bigger and Better

My family and I have lived in the Lone Star state for the past 3 years. Moving here, I had limited experience with anyone from Texas, but the experiences I did have told me that everything in Texas was “BIGGER AND BETTER”! I mean, their houses were bigger than mine, their furniture was bigger than mine, their cars were bigger than mine, and their personalities were bigger (and more fun!) than mine! So, coming to TX I was expecting GREAT things!

 Well, we are now nearing the end of our journey here, or at least the end of Part 1. And I’m reflecting a lot lately and going back to my original expectation that everything here was bigger and better.

Has it been?!?

I would have to say…..yes, but not for the reasons listed earlier.

Texas has brought our family bigger time of trials, bigger times of intense spiritual warfare, bigger times for leaps of faith, bigger times of stretching beyond belief, and bigger times of just pure exhaustion from it all.

But are we better for it?!?!?

Absolutely YES! God is refining us to be more like Him, to want more of Him, to seek more of His kingdom, to desire for all to be part of His kingdom, and to fill our time with a sense of urgency.

 Times of refinement are never pleasant, but we hold fast to the promise that though we may face refinement, we do so in order to give praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed (1 Peter 1:7).

And, oh, by the way, God has also provided us with bigger and better answers to prayers than we could have EVER dreamed of! Just one more way He’s more awesome than we could even imagine!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment