Friday, February 10, 2012

Miles of Air

As I sit on the plane, staring down miles of sky through the beauty of God's creation below me, I am struck by the following stirring in my heart:

God has called me to be His disciple; to be a follower of Christ. That means I follow Him anywhere. I don't get to choose whether I follow Him in warm or cold weather, in the midst of a city or the countryside, near or far away from my extended family, living in a luxury high-rise or on a dirt floor.

God's people are everywhere, waiting for one of His called disciples to say, "Here I am, Lord, send me"!



I am willing, ready to give up my wants, desires, and what I think are necessities because I know God desires that of me...."Take up your cross and follow me"....

Are you willing to follow Him wherever and however He leads?

Isaiah 42:6-7: I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.


No comments:

Post a Comment